Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 8 - One Day at a Time.

Happy Monday my friends! I woke up this morning at 430am, got dressed, put on my running shoes and began my 19 week training session for the 2011 Honolulu Marathon, for December 11, 2011. Yeah, 19 weeks, and 70lbs to go. I tried, instead, to think about it being August 1st and I'm going to run 3 miles this morning. That seemed like a more reasonable bite to take. It was and I finished my run. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit sluggish and frustrated. My cardio health still needs work. But I have done this before, and I can do it again... I feel good about making daily choices to change my life and I try not to beat myself up for all the mistakes and bad choices I made to end up in this situation. But when I run, I do think about how my heart rate is still too high for the pace I am currently running and the only reason is a lack of consistency. So the answer is simple, shut up and run, one day at a time.

©Laura McDonell Photography, All Rights Reserved

I just wanted to share this view, because I love it so much! This morning's juice is: pineapple, orange, nectarine, plum, pear & cucumber. Just what I need to start this day! Enjoy your day!!!


No comments:

charity:water