Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 4 - Going Strong

Feeling pretty good! Woke up at 5am this morning and got ready for the day. I made a Vegetable juice with beets, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots and celery with a splash of hot sauce. YUMMY! I'm going hiking this morning and I feel good about my energy levels today. I'm bringing water and fruit and my water-proof camera.

Yesterday, I had a shoot in the morning on the North Shore and afterwards on my way home, I stopped at Lanikea Beach to watch the turtles and ended up watching all the people. Poor turtles, there were 6 of them, some trying to come onto the beach but there were so many tourists the entire beach was lined! I was perched on a rock and just watched and I started to think about what the turtles might be thinking. I know if I was in the water trying to come to the beach to warm up and there were all of these giants lining the edge, I might be afraid and then I might think about how silly they all looked staring at me..so I might also flip them a flipper too! I have to say, I have always loved sea life but since I have moved here, those turtles take my breath away! I am always grateful to get to see them and I feel so blessed to call Hawaii home.

Then I realized I was one of those gawkers with a camera and while I wasn't standing at the beach, I was still part of the problem. So I said a silent farewell and went home. It was a wonderful day for me!


©Laura McDonell photography - All Rights Reserved.
©Laura McDonell photography - All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

charity:water